Many people wonder what is Kundalini. Here’s the simplest definition for what is Kundalini Force:-
Kundalini is the Life Force
Simple. That is it. Life force in a living form is the Kundalini Force.
That’s too simple a definition. Yes, I know. Want more?
Here’s a detailed explanation:
Earth revolves around it’s axis at about 1,000 miles an hour. What happens when something revolves?
Two forces evolve from the center of Earth:
1. Centrifugal force, one that pushes lighter particles away from the center of the earth.
2. Centripetal force, one that pulls heavier bodies towards the center of the earth.
Got it? So far so good.
What happens because of the two forces?
Body, being a heavier element is grounded.
Kundalini, or Life force, being made up of ETHER, is lighter and pushes away.
So what? We grow tall till the Kundalini is strong enough to act against the gravitational pull of the earth.
Once we reach six feet, our body stops growing and our spiritual journey begins.
Where is the Kundalini Force Located?
Kundalini or Life Force is located in the three dimensional center of a body. In the humans, it is located near the tail bone close to the Adrenal Gland and is connected to the Sexual Gland.
The ‘chakra’ is called the Mooladhara Chakra.
Do Animals have Kundalini?
Yes. Of course, they do. Remember what I said? Kundalini is the Life force. The composition and character of the life force for animals is different from that of Humans.
Animals cannot feel their Kundalini Force. They cannot meditate. Only Humans are blessed with the ability to realize self.
Humans can raise their Kundalini Shakti.
Why is Kundalini Located there?
Because of Earth’s Revolution. In every life form, Kundalini or Life Force is located at the 3D center of it’s body.
How to Raise Kundalini Force?
1) Chanting of mantra. Practicing over long years will raise the Kundalini.
2) Transcendental methods of creating visual methods such as Idol Worship. It takes several years of strict practice to achieve it.
3) Pranayama or Breathe control. It takes years of practice under a guidance of a Guru.
4) With a touch of a Trained Guru, one can raise the Kundalini Shakthi. One such form is the Simplified Kundalini Yoga by Yogiraj Vethathiri Maharishi.
What happens when Kundalini is Raised?
As soon as Kundalini is raised, you will feel a gentle, tingling sensation at the Ajna Chakra. The feeling has no comparison in the real world. One needs to go through the transcendent experience of raising of Kundalini.
You can feel the Kundalini Force as a gentle vibration immediately upon raising of the Life force. You may feel slight pressure in the forehead.
What is Kundalini & Chakras?
There are seven main chakras within the human body. Each Chakra is associated with an endocrine gland. They are:
1. Mooladhara (tail bone)
2. Swathistana (2 inches below the naval point)
3. Manipuraha (the naval point)
4. Anahadha (4 inches below the throat and 2 inches above solar plexis)
5. Visuddhi (Throat)
6. Ajna (In between the eye brows)
7. Sahasrahara or Thureeyam (Crown chakra on top of the head)
In addition to the seven chakras, there are two chakras outside the body. They are:
8. Shakthi Kalam or Universal Magnetic Field
9. Shiva Kalam or The Almighty Force of Consciousness
Initiation is given to each chakra by a trained master in the Simplified Kundalini Yoga system devised by Yogiraj Vethathiri Maharishi.
Myths about Kundalini
Several myths are floating around about Kundalini. Here are the myths removed:
1. Kundalini is not a Goddess. It is a force that we usually call the Life force.
2. Kundalini is not dangerous. Every living person has Kundalini Force. How can it be dangerous?
3. Raising of Kundalini will not make you go mad.
4. When Kundalini is raised, you will NOT feel a massive rush of energy in your forehead. You will feel it gently.
5. It does not take years of practice to raise Kundalini. It only takes about two minutes to raise the Kundalini under the supervision of a trained master.
6. You DO NOT have to give up your family to raise your Kundalini force.
7. Kundalini process is NOT ridiculously intense. It is a relatively simple and safe process.
8. You DO NOT feel a snake going up the spine when Kundalini is raised.
9. Kundalini experience is NOT frightening.
I can personally vouch for the experience. My Guru Vethathiri Maharishi raised my Kundalini on August 30, 1984. He trained me to a teacher who is authorized to raise the Kundalini Force for others. I have personally raised the Kundalini for over 1,000 people in my last 30 years of practice.
Start your Kundalini Yoga today.
Krish Murali Eswar.