Are your thoughts disturbing you while sitting down to meditate? Are you not able to concentrate on your meditation because of your distractions? You are not alone.
I have been a meditator for 30 years. I first learned Simplified Kundalini Meditation in 1984. I too had my share of distractions during meditation. Here’s how I overcame them:
- Before sitting down to meditating, I tell myself that I am not going to run away from my thoughts.
- I take a resolution and an affirmation that I am meditating to increase my concentration powers.
- I take an affirmation that I shall listen to my thoughts AFTER the meditation.
- I assure myself that I shall give 100% attention to my thoughts.
- After the meditation, I ensure that I give attention to my thoughts. If I don’t keep up with my promise to myself, my thoughts would certainly interrupt me next time I meditate.
Does my method suit you? Do write back to me.
If you don’t know how to meditate, learn to meditate now.
Be blessed by the divine,
Krish Murali Eswar.